Food as Medicine – IntelliScience
AltLife’s IntelliScience approach is designed to restore your
health by acting on the root causes that are impacting your
body’s ability to function healthily
The food we eat gives us satisfaction and joy at multiple levels. However, we do not realize or appreciate the critical role food plays in us staying healthy or having a disease. The nutrition packaged in the food we eat determines how healthy our metabolism is, how functional our cells are, how healthy our gut is, how strong our immunity is etc. And hence, to maintain our state of good health or to improve our condition of the disease the role played by food and nutrition is extremely key. There is no way for us to retain health or for our disease to get better or potentially cured without deliberately making the right choices when it comes to food. In fact, over time our health condition only gets worse if we continue with sub-optimal food and nutrition choices.
We nourish both body and mind to establish harmony. Powered by our AI-based platform – ANA (AltLife NutriSmart AI) – our meal plans are designed to ensure:
- Inclusion of the right mix of macro & micro-nutrients based on the AltLife Nutrition Approach (LCHF focus) to improve our metabolism
- Inclusion of prebiotics and probiotics to strengthen our gut microbiome
- Inclusion of natural antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients and adaptogens to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation
- Inclusion of completely organic, unprocessed & toxin-free ingredients to ensure no harmful chemicals and disguised High Fructose Corn Syrup and other harmful additives enter your system
- Inclusion of the right amount of all key nutrients to ensure good health and satisfy the respective Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI)
Our suggestions for the right time to eat ensures that you eat at the right time of the day in sync with your body’s circadian rhythm and ensure effective cellular health maintenance.
Our Approach to Food
The balance in our metabolism, the hormonal activity, the health and function of our cells, the strength and effectiveness of our body’s defence mechanisms, all of these require the right set of various macro and micro-nutrients to be made available to the human body.
Over time, if these are not made available to the body, our body’s function ends up deteriorating, leading to manifestations of various disorders like metabolic syndrome.
We ensure an appropriate mix of both macro (Carbohydrate, Protein, Fat) nutrition and micro (Vitamins, Minerals, Trace elements) nutrition. Adequate and diverse prebiotics and probiotics are included to rebuild and restore the right variety of beneficial bacteria in our gut. We ensure that you get the right level of fibre. Some characteristics of our food include:
- Low glycemic load foods
- No grains or sugar included. (No rice and wheat and their derivatives like flours)
- Use of healthy, anti-inflammatory Saturated Fat (Ghee, Butter, Coconut oil) and MUFA (Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids like Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- No unhealthy, pro-inflammatory PUFA (Poly Unsaturated Fatty Acids) – primarily industrial seed oils like Sunflower, Safflower, Cottonseed, and Soy used
- We use various Diary derivatives such as cheese, paneer, yoghurt, kefir, butter & ghee but do not use milk
- Lots of healthy nuts and seeds (almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, and many other nuts and seeds)
- Use of only Chicken and Seafood for non-vegetarian protein requirement
Implications of bad food choices
Some of the long-term effects of not choosing the right food are listed below:
- Chronic inflammation in the body which then leads to multiple health issues & life-threatening disorders
- Oxidative stress that damages cells in the body
- Hormonal imbalances such as Insulin Resistance, Leptin Resistance, TSH issues and FSH/LH/SHBG/DHEA imbalances
- Malfunctioning of satiety regulation resulting in fat accumulation
- Depletion of beneficial gut bacteria that impacts our metabolism, immunity, emotional balance
- Weakened immunity, reduced stem cells, impact to the sanctity of the DNA
- Ineffective absorption and usage of nutrients